We are happy to announce that Summit Huts will be open for the winter season!
Our first priority is for the safety and well-being of our guests when staying in our cabins. Due to COVID-19, we have updated our policies for Winter 2020/2021.
- ALL future reservations at Summit Huts through May 2021 will require whole-hut reservations; which guarantees that the group will have the entire cabin.
- EARLY SEASON: All Summit Huts are limited to one household in accordance with Colorado State & Summit County Health Guidelines.
- Starting December 19th: Francie’s and Janet’s Cabins will have a recommended occupancy of 16 persons, Sisters Cabin has a maximum occupancy of 14 persons, Section House has a recommended occupancy of 10 persons, and Ken’s Cabin has a recommended occupancy of 2 persons.
- Pillows and sheets are no longer provided at the huts. We recommend bringing your own pillow and, if your prefer, your own XL-twin bed sheets to cover existing mattress covers.
- Check out time is now 11AM and Check in time is now 2PM. This eliminates any overlap of guest groups at the cabins.
- Summit Huts will require increased guest responsibilities for cleaning and sanitizing cabins at both entry and exit. Expect higher frequency Hutmaster and staff visitations during midday turnover to check guest adherence to cleaning guidelines.
- Saunas at cabins are temporarily closed.
*All policies are subject to change with the developing COVID-19 Pandemic*
Cleaning and Disinfecting the Hut
Hut visitors are expected to follow local and state protocols for social distancing and use of face masks, and are expected to clean and disinfect surfaces frequently touched upon arrival, regularly while at the hut, and upon departure.
Below is a link to an updated hut cleaning checklist: Hut Checklist (COVID-19 Policies)
For more information on COVID-19 in Summit County, please visit Summit County Public Health.
Hut Reservation Information
All parties that recieved a hut credit from our reduced winter 2019/2020 season will be contacted regarding your reservation. For questions, please contact email@example.com or (970) 925-5775 for information.
We greatly appreciate our backcountry hut community, and the overwhelming support our non-profit receives from your patronage. Thank you for your understanding and patience.