Our first priority is for the safety and well-being of our guests when staying in our cabins. Due to COVID-19, we have updated our policies for Winter 2021-2022.
- ALL reservations at Summit Huts through May 2022 will require whole-hut reservations.
- Winter 2021-2022 Season: Francie’s Cabin and Janet’s Cabin have an occupancy of 20 persons, Ken’s Cabin has an occupancy of 3 persons, Section House has an occupancy of 12 persons, and Sisters Cabin has an occupancy 14 persons.
- Pillows and sheets are no longer provided at the huts. We recommend bringing your own pillow and, if your prefer, your own XL-twin bed sheets to cover existing mattress covers.
- Check-out time is 11AM and Check-in time is 2PM. This eliminates any overlap of guest groups at the cabins.
- Summit Huts will require increased guest responsibilities for cleaning and sanitizing cabins at both entry and exit. Expect higher frequency Hutmaster and staff visitations during midday turnover.
*All policies are subject to change with the developing COVID-19 Pandemic. All Hutmasters, staff, and volunteers are fully vaccinated.*
Cleaning and Disinfecting the Hut
Hut visitors are expected to follow local and state protocols, and are expected to clean and disinfect surfaces frequently touched.
Below is a link to an updated hut cleaning checklist: Hut Checklist (COVID-19 Policies)
For more information on COVID-19 in Summit County, please visit Summit County Public Health.
We greatly appreciate our backcountry hut community, and the overwhelming support our non-profit receives from your patronage. Thank you for your understanding and patience.