We are happy to announce that Francie’s and Janet’s Cabins will be open for summer use July 1, 2020!
Our first priority is for the safety and well-being of our guests when staying in our cabins. Due to COVID-19, we have updated our policies for Summer 2020.
- ALL future reservations at Summit Huts through September 30th, 2020 will be single party only; which guarantees that the group will have the entire cabin. Francie’s and Janet’s will require a whole-hut reservation at a maximum capacity of 14 persons.
- Pillows and sheets are no longer provided at the huts. We recommend bringing your own pillow and, if your prefer, your own XL-twin bed sheets to cover existing mattress covers.
- Check out time is now 11AM and Check in time is now 2PM. This eliminates any overlap of guest groups at the cabins.
- Summit Huts will require increased guest responsibilities for cleaning and sanitizing cabins at both entry and exit. Expect higher frequency Hutmaster and staff visitations during midday turnover to check guest adherence to cleaning guidelines.
- Saunas at cabins are temporarily closed.
*All policies are subject to change with the developing COVID-19 Pandemic*
Cleaning and Disinfecting the Hut
Hut visitors are expected to follow local and state protocols for social distancing and use of face masks, and are expected to clean and disinfect surfaces frequently touched upon arrival, regularly while at the hut, and upon departure.
Below is a link to an updated hut cleaning checklist:
For more information on COVID-19 in Summit County, please visit Summit County Public Health.
Hut Credit Information
For cancelled bookings from March 16th, 2020- May 31, 2020, a 100% credit will be issued with an expiration date of September 30th, 2021. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 925-5775 for rebooking information.
We greatly appreciate our backcountry hut community, and the overwhelming support our non-profit receives from your patronage. Thank you for your understanding and patience.