Planning a hut trip is about more than just finding an open date! The huts are stocked with supplies to make your stay comfortable and your pack light. Take a look at what amenities you will find at the hut before you pack. Here are a few tips on how to have a successful hut trip based on common areas of concern.
• Know your group’s abilities and choose your hut accordingly.
• Know your group. Someone in each group needs to have leadership, route finding, avalanche awareness, and first aid skills.
• There is no snowmobile access to Francie’s Cabin, Janet’s Cabin, or Sisters Cabin. Be aware of the winter travel restrictions in place by reviewing the Travel Management Implementation Website.
• Research the hut(s) you plan to visit, including the route in (and out, if different), surrounding terrain, amenities provided.
• Depart the trailhead on time.
• Bring your confirmation letter with you to the hut. You need the combination to get in and in case any question arises, it proves you’re supposed to be there on that day.
• Review “Hut Etiquette 101” to be prepared to be a good hut co-habitant.
- Check In Time is 2pm/Check Out Time is 11am
- Shovel/Sweep + Clean
- Wash your dishes
- Carry out all trash and food
- Restock Wood
- No Dogs Allowed
- No Day Use
- No Smoking