Closure of Summit Huts
Summit Huts Association
Summit Huts Association is a Colorado 501(c)-3 non-profit organization dedicated to developing and maintaining a system of backcountry cabins accessed by non-motorized trails in Summit County, Colorado. Summit Huts Association manages five backcountry huts in Summit County, Colorado: Francie’s Cabin, Janet’s Cabin, Ken’s Cabin, the Section House, and Sisters Cabin.
All are open for Winter use from November to May.
Francie’s and Janet’s Cabins are also open for Summer use from July to September.
The Section House is operated by the Forest Service as a historic interpretive site open to day visitors in the Summer months.
- Get outside of your comfort zone and explore the outdoors at one of our easily accessible huts.
- Create meaningful experiences.
- Bringing groups together.
- Come as strangers, leave as friends.
- Solar Powered Lights
- Fully Stocked Kitchens
- Wood Burning Stoves
- Sauna (Francie’s + Janet’s + Sisters)
- Indoor Toilets (Francie’s + Janet’s + Sisters)
Summit Huts Association relies heavily upon memberships and donations to maintain and operate our hut system.